My husband is always wondering why I take pictures like this and love them so much. I'm not quite sure really, I think I just want to remember every little detail.
Happy Wednesday! This past weekend we had a little cookout and my husband smoked some ribs and a chicken, yum! But as the sun was slowly going down, something about the lighting had me wanting to get some specific shots to play around with in photoshop. The past couple weeks of maternity leave have left me with so much free time I scour the web for any tips and tricks of the trade I could learn. I ended up finding some different techniques for adding in a dramatic sky overlay. The first image did not go over so well.. Second try was better but still not as good as I wanted. Third times a charm! Also, none of these kids are mine. The first one is Alan, our friends' son, and the second two are our nephews Corey and Kallen. My wonderful daughter decided to run away screaming "nooooo!" every time I pointed the camera at her. Kids are the best.
Sometimes life just gets too busy! Between parenting, working, dance class and it seems like nowadays everyone has a "side hustle", there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to savor the little moments. And, boy, do they go fast! We had Jack's baptism this past weekend and capturing moments with some of his great-grandparents make this whole hobby worth while. They may not be perfect, but they are perfect to me! And, of course, Jack had to poop through his cute baptism outfit right before we did pictures! I wouldn't expect anything else out of this crazy kids.
Today was the first day back to work since having my second child, Jack. It was bittersweet, as these things are. I couldn’t help but feel like a failure. I didn’t get all the things done that I had intended. There were closets still full of clutter, unorganized kitchen cabinets, and of course I didn’t schedule nearly as many sessions as I had hoped. But what I did accomplish were countless morning cuddles with my sunshine boy. Building towers as tall as I could reach with my big girl. Watching time fly by, wishing I could reach my arm out and press pause just to catch my breath. Sometimes I look at everything other people have and cant figure out how they got it all. Then I realize there are things I have, that those other people do not. And neither of us wishing we had the others’ life are getting anywhere daydreaming. Success is for the doers. Carpe Diem, my friends.
Comments
Post a Comment